As soon as you become a member, your family is eligible to join! And, everyone can apply for loans, including refinancing your high rate loans and credit cards from other financial institutions.
You may join the credit union if:
- You are a current employee or volunteer of the VA Maryland Health Care System
- You are a retired employee or volunteer of the VA Maryland Health Care System
- You are an employee of one of our Affiliated Businesses
- You are a family member of someone who is a Central Credit Union member
Download Membership Application (PDF)
Please review the following check list before submitting your application:
- Account Disclosures: You have reviewed the terms and conditions of the Account Agreements and Disclosures, if applicable
- Signature: You and any joint owners have signed and dated the Back of the
- Online Banking and E-Statements: Checking these boxes will allow you to avoid the monthly paper statement fee, and will give you 24/7 access to your accounts
- Email: Providing your email is necessary to access Online Banking and E-Statements. It also allows us to notify you of special offers, and other money saving information.
- Accounts to open: You have checked the box for the Share Savings (Membership account) and any other accounts you wish to open at this time.
- Phone Numbers: You have provided your home, work, and cell numbers.
- ID: You are including a clear copy of a valid photo ID (driver’s license, passport, military ID, state issued ID, etc.) for yourself and any joint owners.
- Current Address: If you do not have an ID with your current address, you MUST include a utility bill or other document showing your name and your current address.
- Social Security Number: You have included your social security number and any joint owner’s social security number
- Membership Eligibility: You have completed the section that indicates how you are eligible to join
- Paystub: You are including a current paystub if you are joining through your employer
- Opening Deposit: You are including a check for at least $5 to open your Share Savings (Membership) Account
Membership Account Information
Your account information will be mailed to you within a few days of receiving and approving your membership application.
As soon as you receive your account information, you can set up Direct Deposit with your employer, or other income sources. You’ll need to provide them with the account number and Central’s routing number which is: 252075870.