At most financial institutions, Free Checking is a thing of the past. At Central Credit Union, Free Checking is a thing for your future. It’s as convenient as an account at a big bank; it just costs you Less.
Checking Account Features
- No minimum balance requirement.
- No monthly service charge.
- Deposit checks 24/7 with mobile banking.
- Check your balance, transactions, and transfer funds 24/7 with online and mobile banking.
- Pay bills or a person 24/7 with online and mobile banking.
- Set alerts, so you know when transactions post or your balance falls below a certain level.
- Free Visa debit card to make purchases and get cash at merchants or surcharge-free ATMs.
- If your debit card is ever lost or stolen, remote control it with online and mobile banking.
- Get cash at over 30,000 surcharge-free ATM locations. Find ATMs using the ATM locator.
Jump-start your weekend with Direct Deposit. You’ll have access to your funds right away, and you’ll avoid standing in line to deposit your paycheck.
It’s easy to do through your employer. All they’ll need is your checking account number and Central’s routing number: 252075870.
No one is perfect. That’s why we offer Courtesy Pay. When you Opt-In to Courtesy Pay, under certain conditions, we can pay transactions, including everyday ATM and debit card transactions when there are insufficient funds in your account. You’ll still be charged an overdraft fee, but you’ll avoid additional fees from the merchant and the embarrassment of having your transaction returned.
If you’ve had some trouble managing your checking account in the past and want to get back on your feet, Renew Checking is a great way to do it. Stop into a branch or give us a call to find out if Renew Checking is right for you. 410-828-4500
To open a Renew Checking account, you’ll need to:
- Establish direct deposit of your net pay.
- Pay the monthly fee.
- After 12 months of proper usage, you may apply for a Free
Worried About Debt?
We care about your financial health. That’s why we partner with GreenPath Financial Wellness to provide our members with one-on-one budget reviews, debt management plans, credit report reviews, housing counseling, and student loan counseling.